by KCPerformance Mazda MX-5 NC Cabrio 2.0i Projects
- 4-1 exhaust headers
- Heat wrapped exhaust headers
- KCPerformance Stage 2 Chiptuning - 178 HP & 208 Nm
by KCPerformance Overview Projects
Customer his experience:
This past year I searched for a professional tuning company with a big name and projects to prove it, to which I could trust my MX-5 NC 2.0i to. Because there are a lot of amateurs in the field. The company I could trust my MX-5, is KCPerformance in Oisterwijk (NL). From the start all employees gave me the feeling I could put my car in their hands. This because of the professionality in combination with their enthousiasm (passion is a more appropriate description) for their art. They are distinguished by their peaceful, friendly and reliable explanations of the possible technical modifications and improvements in terms that everybody can understand, what will be done to their car. They take their time and don't impose their thoughts. I experienced this as very nice. They delivered my MX-5 no earlier then the time they felt 100% happy with the result.
I chose the following modifications:
- Stainless steel 4-1 exhaust manifold from a reputable German manufacturer with whom they have had great experiences in the past
- Stage 2 software written custom in house for my car; the standard computer programming is modified structural by them. So no dongles or powerboxes that "fool" your car's computer
- Fine tuning on the dyno
Changes in driving characteristics (drove it for 1000 km last month and enjoyed it):
- I don't recognize the car; what a difference!
- The engine runs much smoother in every rev range, pulls smoother and the pulling power is noticeably higher in the entire rev range
- The torque curve looks great and peaks now at 208 Nm (was 192 Nm). And 20 Nm more already available at 1750 RPM
- The power was raised from 158 hp to 178 hp. At 1700 RPM there is already 10 hp more available then before
- The sound the comes from the (stainless steel) exhaust is beautiful. Not too loud or obnoxious and when you shift you get a little pop like you hear with expensive sports cars
- The fuel economy is better and saves me 15% in fuel costs!
Our Mazda related projectsProjects
by KCPerformance Ready Projects